Diversity & Inclusion
We are on a mission to build a tech sector to be proud of. One that is diverse, creative, fun to be part of and, of course, highly successful with a pipeline of truly amazing talent. We understand the ethical, economic and cultural benefits of having a diverse and inclusive workforce and champion this model at every level of our business. Reflecting our mission are our values:
- Diversity and respect – Cultivating an inclusive environment whereby people are comfortable being their true selves and encouraged to share their experiences
- Innovation – Embedding Diversity & Inclusion as a foundation for internal and external recruitment, advising candidates and clients on how to improve their D&I standing
- Delivering Excellence – Pro-actively championing D&I internally to ensure equal opportunities and improve employee satisfaction
- Integrity – Understanding our individual responsibility within D&I across the to ensure continuous improvement, both personally and professionally and holding each other accountable in support of an inclusive environment
- Collaboration – Partnering with our clients to raise awareness of the benefits of having a diverse workforce and of creating an equal and inclusive environment
We have two passionate Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Ambassadors in place, Aisha Ullah and Dom Brown, who are leading the way on closing the gap and overcoming the challenges of building an inclusive workforce in the tech sector.
- Only 2.6% of people on tech boards are from ethnic minority backgrounds
- Yet diversity of thinking enhances innovation by 20%
- And racially diverse teams outperform less diverse competitors by 35%
What Corecom did/do
We work with our clients to educate on the benefits of creating a more diverse and inclusive work culture. We show our clients how to become more inclusive, to increase the diversity of people in their recruitment pipelines and to improve their D&I standing within their business.
Our diversity and inclusion commitments and achievements to date include:
- The appointment of two ambassadors to drive the diversity and inclusion agenda forward
- Our Diversity and Inclusion Ambassadors received ‘train the trainer’ training from Jo Major, Founder of Diversity in Recruitment
- The formation of the Women in Technology engagement team associates
- 40% female workforce: an increase from 18% since 2019
- Hosting WITBoss networking events since 2015, bringing female leaders in technology together to promote women’s prospects
- Internal and client training sessions on topics including unconscious bias, blind CVs and writing fully inclusive job adverts
- Diverse shortlisting of CVs to our clients
- Training, advice and mentoring across the tech sector
- Employer branded digital marketing campaigns
- Hosting internal events to celebrate initiatives such as PRIDE
- Partnerships with the University of Liverpool, Leeds Beckett University and Barnsley College to build careers skills for young women in IT
- Community initiatives including providing practical CV, basic IT skills and job application advice to enhance employment opportunities for women refugees and communities at risk of socially exclusion
Get in touch
"*" indicates required fields
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on children with cancer and their families. Extended periods of separation and isolation, anxiety and financial hardship have all taken their toll and the need for our specialist support has become ever more critical. However, sadly, at Candlelighters, we saw our fundraising grind to a halt during the pandemic, which is why we put Team 500 into motion. And we are so thrilled that Corecom have come on board with supporting us on this initiative. In going above and beyond their fundraising goals, we are able to continue to provide critical support and make life a little brighter for the 150 families in Yorkshire devastated by a cancer diagnosis each year.
Thank you Corecom Consulting for your support, it means the world to us and to our families.