Coronavirus: Business Continuity Plan
Due to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus, Corecom Consulting have activated our Business Continuity Plan. We will continue to monitor the situation, following government and medical advice and following our Business Continuity Plan in the appropriate stages to ensure the health of our staff and the business’ operational ability.
Whilst this is a rapidly changing and unique situation, we want to assure our staff, customers and suppliers that the business has long been prepared in the event of unexpected challenges and we will be taking all steps necessary to protect our staff, continue trading and delivering any support possible to our customers to allow them to continue conducting their business activities as smoothly as possible.
Our robust Business Continuity Plan includes the following steps:
- All our staff have been instructed to follow Government and NHS advice on general hygiene in order to prevent/slow down the spread of Coronavirus.
- We have placed numerous instructions around our office space advising on general hygiene, hand washing advice and general government advice on Coronavirus.
- We have advised all our staff to avoid gatherings of people outside of work and have cancelled all our business events for the next two months.
- Any member of staff who is displaying symptoms or who has a member of their household displaying possible Coronavirus symptoms is being asked to stay at home.
- Anyone returning to the UK from high-risk areas are being directed towards to relevant UK Government advice concerning that destination of travel.
- All staff and visitors to our office are requested to wash their hands with antibacterial hand wash immediately upon entry, before they eat, after going to the toilet and at general regular intervals.
- All surfaces and door handles are being regularly wiped down with antibacterial cleaning products.
- We are ready to immediately implement home working for every member of staff and following Government advice on the 16th March to work from home where possible, will be executing this for all staff no later than the 18th March.
- We have spoken to all suppliers and are assured that all obligations from our suppliers will continue to be met and not interrupt our usual business activity.
- All staff have been provided with the hardware, communication equipment and all IT systems access to work from home with minimal disruption to business activity and service levels to our customers.
- Video meeting software is ready for use by both our staff and customers to continue their business activities including for internal meetings, external meetings and interviewing purposes.
We remain able to fulfill our business obligations and service levels to our clients and remain confident that, without the Business Continuity Plan in place, we will continue to do so with minimal disruption in the coming weeks and months.
Please contact either Jonathan Sanderson email@example.com, or Rick Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org, your dedicated Recruitment Consultant directly, or our Operations Team email@example.com.
Thank you for your support at this time and we’ll continue to update you as the situation develops.