Data Engineer – Remote/ Leeds – Salary DOE
Data Engineer / Leeds / Remote working, Generous company benefits plus more…!
Are you a versatile, collaborative Data Engineer who wants to advance in your career?
Corecom Consulting is collaborating with a well-known global gas and renewable energy provider with major aspirations for the future. They have pledged to speed up the transition to a carbon-free future by reducing energy use and using more ecologically friendly energy sources.
Due to their success this has resulted in them looking to expand their team. Their office is based in Leeds, and while they are open to Remote working, they prefer that you are able to come in once a month.
Skills for the role:
- SQL Background
- Data modelling
- Building ETL pipelines
- Data Warehousing
- Some coding experience in Apache Spark or Python
- Some form of AWS background (S3, Redshift, Glue, Lambda, Cloud Formation)
- Stakeholder management
Nice to haves but not essential skills:
- Working in an Agile team
- Experience with the Microsoft BI stack or equivalent
Day to day duties:
- Creating and maintaining automated data processes.
- Create highly reusable well-documented data pipelines that bring data into the lake as well as designing flexible structures that the business can use to generate insights to support decision making and drive value.
- Run workshops with a wide range of business stakeholders to understand their data needs and translate these into designs that will use the core AWS toolset to deliver robust and reliable data.
- Finding opportunities to create strategic solutions that can be applied quickly and easily.
- 5% annual performance-based bonus
- Employer contributary pension
- 25 days holiday with flexibility to buy/sell
- Flexible working work by arrangement with line manager (37h week)
- Employee, Partner family benefits around healthcare, dental etc
- An employee rewards scheme covering discounts with retailers, cycle to work, electric vehicle offers, employee assistance programme
"At Corecom, we don't just accept differences, we celebrate them and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our candidates. Internally, we thrive from our differences and want our employees to be proud to be themselves and proud to be Corecom. Externally, we utilise those differences to help our clients and candidates strive for a more diverse and inclusive world."
We’re proud to be a 5-star rated company on Google. See what people say about us.
What I wanted from this partnership was to be able to take a step back and free me up to focus on my other responsibilities in addition to recruitment. Working with Corecom alone made everything so straight forward. I wasn’t having to chase up several agencies and there was no duplication of candidates. Tunstall was their no1 focus and I trusted them to deliver, which they did. There was noticeable improvements in CV-to-interview and interview-to-placement ratios which was a real pain point before changing the model on how we worked together. Working on a retained basis gave me confidence that extra effort and resource would be put in to filling the roles.