Going the extra mile for Wellbeing
Corecom Consulting prides itself on its Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy. Our employees are vital to keeping the wheel of our business turning, so it’s important we ensure our staff feel valued and supported.
This year we are taking Wellbeing a step further, encouraging employees to save lives by taking part in a blood drive. Since January, 60% of our staff generously donated blood, the majority of which were first-time donors.
Josh O’Hanlon, Head of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence said:
“I’ll definitely be doing it more often. Knowing that you’re helping someone who could one day be in an emergency situation gives me a sense of pride and makes me appreciate the NHS and volunteers even more.”
Jonathan Sanderson, Managing Director was inspired by his grandad whose life was saved thanks to blood donation. Jonathan previously donated blood over 20 times as well as bone marrow. He explained:
“My Grandad lost around 22.5 litres of blood during a severe motoring accident. If it wasn’t for volunteers who donated blood, I wouldn’t have grown up and learnt the positive values and goals which helped me get to where I am today.”
“As a cause close to my heart I am extremely proud of the team who are helping save and improve lives by donating blood.”
Gemma Robinson, Operations Director who launched Corecom Consulting’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy in 2016 commented:
“The activities we promote have boosted the team’s morale, productivity and performance, impacting the business in a positive way.”
Mental Health and Wellbeing activities so far have included:
- Fruity Mondays – Free fruit for the office.
- Smoothie Fridays – Swapping our usual coffee run for a healthy smoothie instead.
- Team goal sharing – Encouraging each other to stay on track and plan for the future.
- Fitness lunch – Allowing employees to leave 20 minutes early before lunch to go to the gym or a fitness class.
- Physiotherapy – Sessions for employees with any pain or discomforts.
- Healthy snack shack – Free green tea and healthy snacks.
- Healthy team breakfast at the end of January whilst sharing the success of everyone’s goals.
- Desk massages – To relieve tension and stress caused by sitting at a desk.
For further hints and tips download the Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace White Paper.