Corecom shortlisted for Diversity and Inclusion Award
We are delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted for the Growing Business Diversity and Inclusion Champion of the Year Award 2021. The accolade celebrates organisations putting diversity and inclusion at the heart of their business and providing opportunities for employees from different backgrounds to thrive.
The shortlisting recognises our strategic commitment to diversity and inclusion and follows a successful year in which we have opened our first international office in Amsterdam, despite the setbacks faced by the industry.
Corecom’s Managing Director, Jonathan Sanderson, attributes this success to our continued focus on and commitment to diversity and inclusion as one of our core values:
“We are thrilled to have been shortlisted for this award as it recognises our belief that a companywide approach, in which diversity and inclusion is understood and championed at every level, is crucial to employee engagement and wellbeing and, in turn, real business growth and success.
“Despite the distractions presented by the pandemic this year we have remained steadfast focused on this strategy with the appointment of diversity and inclusion ambassadors and the continued roll out of internal and client facing initiatives. This focus has enabled us to attract and retain talent during this uncertain time whilst also continuing to fly the flag for inclusion across the tech sector and herald the ethical, cultural and economic benefits that a truly diverse culture brings.”
Championing her role as one of the Diversity and Inclusion Ambassadors for Corecom, Aishia Ullah, added:
“I am exceptionally lucky to be at the forefront of this thinking and developing initiatives to drive our diversity and inclusion strategy forward. By placing our focus on developing a happy, well informed and confident team through the utilistation of training, mentoring and advice we are able to create a ripple effect in which knowledge, expertise and modelling is organically passed on to clients, creating real and lasting impact on the sector.
“Our work is far from finished here though. We know we can always push more on this agenda and are constantly striving to improve our diversity and inclusion focus, employing monitoring and outcome measures to enable us to continuously identify, refocus and fill gaps in knowledge, understanding and practice.”
Our diversity and inclusion commitments and achievements to date include:
- The appointment of two ambassadors to drive the diversity and inclusion agenda forward
- The formation of a Women in Technology engagement team and ambassador
- 41% female workforce: an increase from 18% since 2019
- Hosting WITBoss networking events since 2015, bringing female leaders in technology together to promote women’s prospects
- Internal and client training sessions on topics including unconscious bias, blind CVs and writing fully inclusive job adverts
- Training, advice and mentoring across the tech sector
- Hosting internal events to celebrate initiatives such as PRIDE
- Partnerships with the University of Liverpool, Leeds Beckett University and Barnsley College to build careers skills for young women in IT
- Community initiatives including providing practical CV, basic IT skills and job application advice to enhance employment opportunities for women refugees and communities at risk of socially exclusion.
The Growing Business Awards are now in their 23rd year and celebrate the UK’s most outstanding entrepreneurs and high growth businesses. Winners will be announced at an award ceremony at The JW Marriott Grosvenor Hotel on Wednesday 24th November.