Prepared to be inspired – listen to Lisa Jones: Director, tech lover and award winner
We all know that there’s a major gender gap when it comes to women in technology roles. Companies are 15% more likely to perform better if they are gender diverse. But employers in the tech industry find it difficult to retain women.
Popular challenges women in tech say they face are:
- committing to knowing their own mind and speaking it in the workplace
- being confident enough to trust their instincts amongst their colleagues.
In the run up to WITBoss, an award-winning networking event for women in tech, we interviewed Guest Speaker Lisa Jones, Founder and Director at Barclay Jones, to get a flavour of what we can look forward to hearing and discussing at the event.
Lisa tells us:
- about her experiences as a woman in technology
- what she thinks are the key challenges for women in tech roles
- what delegates can look forward to taking away from the WITBoss networking event on 20 June