Job Search Advice: Tip 6
Corecom Consulting can help you plan your career and support you in finding your next role. To give you some things to think about, we have put together some tips to help you with your planning:
Your online profile now plays a key role in attracting any potential employer. Those that stand out from the crowd use blogs and websites to promote their expertise and enhance their online presence. These tools can be crucial in successful engagement and getting your message out there to the right people. The key is to construct a timely and relevant online content marketing plan which is clearly targeted at the right people: those who are going to read it and/or share it. Make sure that your content demonstrates your SAKE competencies.
This should promote the following values:
If you include a link to your online profile/s on your CV or within information to prospective employers, you can guarantee that these will be clicked on and viewed.
To ensure that your content is relevant, timely and professional, you should:
- Write about what is relevant to your job search and from your expert knowledge
- Ensure your content has been written well and is free from any grammatical or spelling mistakes
- Use and refer to knowledge and statistics gained via industry reports, media coverage and the latest news and developments in the industry
- Create a professional Twitter account with a professional head and shoulders photograph of yourself where you can actively post and engage with your content
- Connect, follow and engage with esteemed bloggers in your profession
- Avoid negative rants!
- Get feedback from others about your content (ask them to view it as if they were a prospective employer)