Being prepared for an interview will not only allow you to demonstrate your skills and worth in the best possible way, it can also help to make you feel more relaxed, confident and in control.
Use this checklist to ensure that you have done your research, have everything ready for the big day, know your facts, and are as prepared as possible to make the best possible impression on a potential employer.
- What time is your interview and where is it being held?
- How are you getting there and how long will the journey take?
- Is there a coffee shop nearby if you arrive early?
- What documents or identification do you need to take with you?
- Do you have extra copies of your CV in case each member of the panel does not have access to a copy?
- What format will the interview take?
- Will you have to take any tests?
- How long is the interview scheduled to last?
- Is this one of a series of interviews?
- Will you be given a tour of the department?
- Do you know the title and name of your interviewer or members of the interview panel?